Nominations for Board Elections Now Open
Nominations for 2022-23 Board Governor Elections Now Open
Are you passionate about promoting the U.S. business community’s values and interests in Thailand or know someone who is? Have you ever thought about making more of a difference at AMCHAM or wanted to recognize someone who embodies all that is great about our AMCHAM community? If so, you may be interested in becoming an AMCHAM Governor or nominating someone else to serve. Keep reading to find out what it takes to be an AMCHAM Governor and the process to be elected.
Your AMCHAM Nominations Committee is now seeking qualified nominees as we develop a slate of candidates to run in the upcoming Board of Governors (BOG) election to fill the eight open seats for the next term. Nomination applications are due to the committee by July 30, 2021, with the vetting process taking place in August. The candidate slate will then be presented to the BOG on September 7, 2021. At the September Membership Meeting, the candidates will be officially announced, and online voting by the membership will open. During September, opportunities will be provided to the membership to engage with the candidates. Voting will close at the October Membership Meeting, where the winners will be announced. Although nominations are permitted “from the floor” during the September Meeting, it is highly recommended that all nominees apply through the nominations committee so that their record and platform can be shared with the membership.
Serving as a volunteer AMCHAM Governor provides the highest level of recognition for your service to the AMCHAM community and beyond, and is highly rewarding both personally and professionally. As such, all of our Governors must commit to meeting the responsibilities under the Board Responsibility Statement before becoming a candidate, to ensure our membership are ably represented and have access to our Governors.
To be considered under the nominations process or to nominate someone else, please complete the online application. As a part of AMCHAM’s important initiative to promote inclusivity and diversity on the Board, women and representatives of Small Medium Enterprises (SMEs) are strongly encouraged to apply.
Do you have questions or need more information? Please contact the Nominations Committee directly and we will be happy to assist you: email@example.com
2022-2023 AMCHAM Nominations Committee:
- Gregory Bastien, AMCHAM Governor, former AMCHAM President, Managing Director, BorgWarner, Thailand
- David Nardone, AMCHAM Governor, Group Executive - Industrial and International, WHA Industrial Development
- John DaSilva – Committee Leader - AMCHAM Communications & Marketing Committee, Managing Director, Data & Technology Consulting, AMPOS Solutions
- Peter Fischbach, Committee Leader - AMCHAM Digital Economy Committee, President, ISM Technology Recruitment Ltd.
- Tipwadee Thaisiri, Committee Leader - AMCHAM Trade & Investment Committee, Government and Public Affairs Advisor, Chevron Thailand Exploration & Production
- Observer: Nadia Yu, AMCHAM Vice President, Managing Director, Johnson & Johnson
Board Elections Timeline:
Jun 2: Nominations open
Jul 30: Nominations close
Aug: Nominations Committee vets applications
Sep Member Meeting: Nominations announced
Sep (TBA): Meet the Candidates event, online voting opens
Oct AGM: Online voting closes