1.1 ABOUT US
We, the American Chamber of Commerce (“we”, “us” or “AMCHAM Thailand”) provide an impact by providing opportunities for capacity building, advocacy and networking for our members in the Kingdom of Thailand. We encourage trade and investment in Thailand and the Asia-Pacific region and we provide our members with practical support and advice, delivered via a range of scheduled events and communications to share knowledge and expertise.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
1.4 HOW TO CONTACT US
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com
For information about how to obtain a copy of your personal information or how to update your personal information, please see section 2.10 below (access to your information and ensuring it is up-to-date).
Our data protection officer is Heidi Gallant, Executive Director.
2. YOUR INFORMATION
2.1 BUSINESS CONTACT INFORMATION
2.2 WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
2.2.1 We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information that you provide during the application process for AMCHAM Thailand membership and copies of any documents you provide to us;
- Information that you provide to us to make changes to your membership profile in our online database
- Your company contact details and employee names, job titles, contact data
- If you are a speaker or an attendee at any of our events, we may collect information about your participation at our events (e.g. number of events spoken at/attended, type of events you speak at/attend).
2.2.2 Cookies – Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer's hard drive.
We use "cookies" on our website to distinguish you from other users of our website. This enables us to improve our website. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
2.3 HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may use your information in the following ways:
- to provide our services, including inviting you to events, providing news updates and reports, providing general news and information about business opportunities that we think will interest you;
- to facilitate communication, networking and business opportunities for and between you and other members;
- to deal with your requests and enquiries, and to provide you with information about our services, activities or content;
- to process the registration and maintenance of your account;
- to provide you with information about the services or products of other members
- to provide you with awards or recognition
- to personalise the way in which our website and services are presented to you, including to ensure that content of our website and services are presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- to analyse your use of our services;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to investigate any breach of our Terms and Conditions by or relating to you;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our website; and
- to notify you about changes at AMCHAM Thailand.
2.4 WHEN WILL WE CONTACT YOU? WHAT ARE YOU RIGHTS AND WHAT IF YOU WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
For existing and new members of AMCHAM Thailand, when we contact you, we will provide you with an unsubscribe facility, in case you decide that you do not want to be contacted again. You should follow the instructions which are included when we contact you, if you wish to unsubscribe from future messages.
Further, you have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
- Deny, suspend or withdraw consent: The right to object to any collection, use, or disclosure of personal data at any time.
- Update and Access: The right to update and ask for a copy of your personal information and disclose where we obtained it.
- Deletion: The right to ask us to delete personal information at any time.
Data format: The right to obtain the data in commonly used machine-readable format.
2.5 WHEN WILL WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES?
We share your information with other users, members, and selected third parties of AMCHAM Thailand to facilitate communication, networking and business opportunities (for example, if you have expressed an interest in business opportunities, we may share your details with a connected organization).
Any information uploaded to your profile and/or post on our website may be visible to our personnel and other users of our website.
We may disclose your information to third parties:
where partners help us in the administration or operation of our organization (e.g. our hosting/back-up service providers and our IT service providers); and
if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation, or in order to enforce or in complying with our obligations under our terms and conditions or other agreements; or to protect our rights and property.
We may share your dietary requirements into event venues.
2.6 THIRD PARTY SERVICES
2.7 TRANSFERRING INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF THAILAND
Where our partners who help us in the administration or operation of our organization are based in other locations, your information may be transferred outside of Thailand. We will ensure that any such third parties have reasonable security arrangements in place. We may also transfer your information outside of Thailand in relation to business opportunities but we would only do this with your consent.
2.8 HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
The security of your information is important to us. We maintain appropriate and reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks. However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information provided to us via the Internet, and any transmission is at your own risk.
2.9 FOR HOW LONG IS YOUR INFORMATION RETAINED?
2.10 ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION AND ENSURING IT IS UP-TO-DATE
If you would like a copy of some or all of the information we hold about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We want to make sure that your information is accurate and up-to-date. You can update your account details at any time by contacting our team. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate or make changes as set out in this Policy by contacting us at email@example.com.