AMCHAM Partners with the BMA and Google for Sustainable Digital Classrooms
AMCHAM has joined forces with the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) and Google to bridge the digital divide in education. Over the next four years, the BMA has set a goal of collecting 130,000 laptops, which Google will convert using its ChromeOS Flex solution to provide fast and secure devices for use in public school classrooms around Bangkok. Click here to learn more.
To support this goal, AMCHAM is inviting its members to participate in this project by donating old laptops or sponsoring cash for the purchase of used laptops. By the end of 2024, we are targeting 1500 computers from AMCHAM members.
Please join us in making sure that the next generation is equipped with the digital education to thrive and prosper.
How You Can Help
• Donate used laptops
• Sponsor purchase of used laptops
Minimum Laptop Specification
• Hard disk space 16 GM (HDD or SSD)
• Battery: at least 60 minutes without charging
• Others: front camera, microphone, USB, and WiFi
• Mac laptops are accepted
• AMCHAM: Jen Meckhayai, Government Affairs Director, at +66 (0) 2119-3350 Ext 3367 or email email@example.com
• Bangkok Metropolitan Association: Technology for Education Section, Education Department, Fuse at 02-437-6631-5 Ext 3495 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Year End of 2023 - 500 Laptops
Year End of 2024 - 1,500 Laptops
by AMCHAM members