At AMCHAM, we count ourselves lucky to have a strong community of small businesses and entrepreneurs. Over the years, we’ve watched our businesses help each other set up shop, solve business challenges, find suppliers, grow their client base and flourish into established companies. Many of our committee and council leadership are independent business owners. On our Board of Governors, small business owners sit alongside executives of multinational corporations and have an important voice in setting AMCHAM agenda and strategy.
What you get from your AMCHAM membership as a small business owner
- Peer-to-peer support and networks through our Small Business & Entrepreneur Committee
- Free attendance to all online events, including a series of capacity-building events targeted specifically for the small business owner operating in Thailand
- Discounted member rates for networkings and in-person events, including 8 vouchers for our signature Monthly Luncheons (value of 7,200 Baht)
- Up-to-date information on business, regulatory and legal developments in Thailand through regular newsletters
- Networking with the largest and most active international business community in Thailand
- Marketing and visibility through AMCHAM communications channels, including a dedicated directory page on the AMCHAM website.
What AMCHAM Has Done for Me and My Business
I established and grew CoffeeWORKS for ten years before joining AMCHAM in 2005. What a mistake it was remaining so solitary! AMCHAM membership immediately helped our company gain valuable exposure, and accelerate brand awareness. Later, my role on the Board gave me broader opportunities to serve the chamber and the wider community in Thailand, my home for the past 25 years. If you are a local SME, I strongly encourage you to join, and most importantly get active! You get back tenfold what you put into it.
As an SME, our resources are limited – we don’t have an MNC-style budget for professional advisors and consultants. Through AMCHAM, I’m able to tap into expertise that wouldn’t be available to me without significant cost. When it comes to areas of running a business that I’m not particularly good at, I’m able to attend AMCHAM workshops on HR, labor law, digital technology and more.
AMCHAM has always been a great way to meet clients and to find vendors providing services. Membership also lets me work with others to highlight commercial and regulatory issues affecting my business. Although government advocacy can be a frustrating process, it’s gratifying when those efforts produce positive results.
Being active & affiliated with the largest, most relevant professional business network in Thailand is helpful when converting leads into customers. Joining AMCHAM provided us with a high credibility factor, something which potential overseas and domestic customers are actively seeking.
AMCHAM provides SMEs with a wide variety of information and resources to include timely tax and legal updates, online and in-person programs, and access to an internal library of historical committee presentations and policy papers.