Legal: US Trade and Investment into Myanmar, 7.30 am.
| This event occurs in the past.|
|Date & Time: ||22-Jun-2012 07:30
|Location: ||[Login Required to view Location]|
|Duration: ||4 hrs|
|Member Cost: ||THB 900.00|
|Details: "US Trade and Investment into Myanmar"|
Suspension of trade sanctions and the impact and practicalities for US Business
On May 17, 2012 Secretary of State Hillary Clinton announced the suspension of bans on U.S. financial transactions and U.S. investments in Myanmar. US Companies that have been poised at the starting line are now in the race, but with unclear rules and on unfamiliar terrain. The Legal Committee of the American Chamber of Commerce (Thailand) has organized a half-day program to address the fundamentals that all US businesses should consider in their Myanmar strategies. Please join our distinguished panel of experts for a discussion of US Trade and Investment into Myanmar, the suspension of trade sanctions and the impact and practicalities for US Business.
- Mr. Michael L. McGee, Commercial Counselor at the US Embassy, Bangkok Thailand
- Mr. Al Chandler, Partner, Chandler & Thong-Ek Bangkok, Thailand
- Mr. Aaron R. Hutman, Attorney, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman, LLP Washington D.C.
- U Soe Win, Chairman, Vigor Consulting Group, Yangoon, Myanmar
- Mr. James Finch, Partner, DFDL
- Mr. William Koetzle, Chevron Asia South, Moderator
Time: Registration & Breakfast: 7.00 - 7.50 am
7.50 am - Introductions & Announcements
8.00 AM - Session 1 - Suspension of Sanctions
8.20 am - Session 2 - Sanctions & Practicalities & Legalities
9.10 am - Session 3 - Investment View from Myanmar
9.50 am - Session 4 - Practical Realities
11.00 am Program End
Booking closes: June 20, 4.30 pm.
Due to expected large attendance pre-payment is required. Note: Non-member bookings will only be validated upon receipt of payment.