- Become an AMCHAM Lao Chapter member. Click Here to Dowload Application form
- Expedite Your U.S. Visa Interview Appointments. The U.S. Embassy Vientiane Laos' Business Executive Program (BEP) is open to AMCHAM Lao Chapter members. The program enables your business to expedite your U.S. Visa interview appointments. Click here to learn more.
- GSP Statement. Position paper on Extension of GSP Privileges to Myanmar and Laos. Click here to learn more.
The mission of the Lao AMCHAM Committee is to conduct activitives that facilitate the investment and growth of U.S. businesses in the Lao PDR, thus contributing to the overall development of local communities and the Lao PDR as a whole.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Breakfast Discussion hosted by U.S. Ambassador Clune. 6 December 2013 @ 8 am – 9:30 am at the U.S. Ambassador’s Residence. Limited spaces open to AMCHAM members. RSVP to Chris Manley.
Past Events in 2013:
ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) and its practical implications for doing business in the Lao PDR. Presented by AMCHAM Lao, in cooperation with ANZBA and ECCIL. 14 October 2013, 13:00-17:30 pm, at Don Chan Palace. Click HERE for Registration Form.
VAT Implementation Workshop on Friday, 4 October 2013 from 8:30 – 12:00pm at Mercure Hotel. Open to AMCHAM members. RSVP to Vat.Seminar.firstname.lastname@example.org. To view a draft of VAT law, click HERE
AMCHAM American Community Picnic. Saturday, 5 October 2013, 3–9 pm at Vientiane International School. Open to all. Adult Tickets, 40,000 LAK; Children Tickets 6-12 years, 10,000 LAK; 1-5 years are free. Click HERE for more event information or if you have any questions or wish to volunteer please contact email@example.com. For information about donations click HERE or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Discussion on corruption, hosted by U.S. Embassy. Tuesday, 24 September 2013, 10 am-12 noon at Don Chan Palace Hotel.
Lunch meeting with Mike Ward, the US Department of Agriculture’s Attaché. 9 September 2013, 12:00 – 1:30 pm. Open to AMCHAM members only. RSVP to Chris Manley required by Friday, 6 September 2013.
Speaker Event - U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. Speaker is Douglas Mancill, Partner with Price Sanond Law Firm. 26 August 2013 @ 12:00 – 1:30pm at Aria Restaurant. Event Sponsored by Coke Lao. AMCHAM Members free; non-members USD5 or 40,000LAK. RSVP required.
Lao Business Forum hosted by LNCCI. AMCHAM is a Silver Sponsor of this event. 20 August 2013 @ 8am – 5pm at Lao Plaza Hotel. By invitation.
Farewell Breakfast Discussion hosted by U.S. Ambassador Stewart. 24 July 2013 @ 9 am – 11 am at the U.S. Ambassador’s Residence. Restricted to AMCHAM Members.
Labor Law Roundtable Discussion hosted by DFDL. 2 July 2013 @ 9 am – 11 am at DFDL office. Restricted to AMCHAM Members
Workshop to Review Draft Food Law, 4 June 2013, 1:30 - 5pm, at Don Chan Hotel. Open to AMCHAM Members only.
A draft of the Lao Food Law is available here.
State of the Lao Chapter Meeting, 4 June 2013 @ 6 pm at The Pizza Company Cultural Hall Second Floor. Event Sponsored by RMA Lao. Open to all.
American Film Week. May 6 - 10, organized by the US Embassy and the Luang Prabang Film Festival Organization (an AMCHAM member), at the Mekong Riverfront.
U.S. Income Tax Update. 1 April 2013 @ 6 pm - 8 pm at U.S. Embassy. Event Sponsored by KPMG. AMCHAM Members free; non-members USD5 or 40,000LAK
AMCHAM - ANZBA Joint Networking Event: 6 March 2013 @ 6 pm - 8 pm at Kong Khao Restaurant. Event Sponsored by Milsearch. AMCHAM Members free; non-members USD5 or 40,000LAK.
Breakfast Discussion hosted by U.S. Ambassador Stewart with special guest U.S. Ambassador to ASEAN, David Carden. 28 February 2012 @ 9 am – 11 am at the U.S. Ambassador’s Residence.
Trade Show and Gala Dinner: 24 January 2013 @ 4:00 – 9:00 pm at the Lao Plaza Hotel. Event hosted by AMCHAM. Registration required. Members: Free. Members can also have a booth to showcase their products/services at the Trade Show for free.
Tax Seminar on New Tax Law and Implementing Decree: 17 January 2013 @ 1:30 – 5:00 pm at the Lao Plaza Hotel. Event was hosted by AMCHAM, ANZBA, ECCIL.
• U.S. Embassy - laos.usembassy.gov
• Ministry of Foreign Affairs - www.mofa.gov.la/en/
• Bank of Lao PDR - www.bol.gov.la/english/index1.php
• Lao PDR Trade Portal - www.laotradeportal.gov.la
• National Assembly of Lao PDR (Lao laws) - www.na.gov.la/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=75&Itemid=211&lang=en
• Lao PDR Investment Overwiew - www.dfdl.com/resources/library/publication/category/132-investment-overview
• Draft Law on Labor Protections - http://www.amchamthailand.com/asp/view_doc.asp?DocCID=3720
MEMBERS SINCE FOUNDING
• ANZ Bank (Lao) Limited
• Luang Prabang Film Festival
• LS Horizon
• VimpelCom Lao Co., Ltd.
• Dr. Jeff Galle
• Anthony Zola
Chair: Chris Manley, RMA Lao
Vice-Chair: Hetal Patel, EMC
Email: Lao Chapter
Lao Chapter Coordinator: Khun Sheree