- Become an AMCHAM Lao Chapter member. Click Here to Dowload Application form
- Expedite Your U.S. Visa Interview Appointments. The U.S. Embassy Vientiane Laos' Business Executive Program (BEP) is open to AMCHAM Lao Chapter members. The program enables your business to expedite your U.S. Visa interview appointments. Click here to learn more.
- GSP Statement. Position paper on Extension of GSP Privileges to Myanmar and Laos. Click here to learn more.
The mission of the Lao AMCHAM Committee is to conduct activitives that facilitate the investment and growth of U.S. businesses in the Lao PDR, thus contributing to the overall development of local communities and the Lao PDR as a whole.
The Lao Chapter has had monthly networking happy hours since May, which have included members and new contacts. Some of these contacts have subsequently become members. The venues have rotated each month and venue owners have expressed appreciation that the happy hours have brought in new customers who previously did not know of their venues. Some of these venues have become members themselves. There have also been two joint networking receptions with the European Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Laos (ECCIL) and the Australia-New Zealand Business Association (ANZBA). Other networking events have included live viewings of the Super Bowl and World Cup matches with the USA team. In October, the annual American Community Picnic took place with raffle prizes from Vientiane’s best restaurants, shops and other services, refreshments provided by Vientiane’s best restaurants, two jumpy castles and additional kids’ games.
Members’ access to the U.S. Embassy has been strengthened through a series of bi-monthly breakfast discussions with the U.S. Ambassador and other events such as a lunch with the State Department’s USDA attaché, and a cocktail reception with Lao Chapter members and key Embassy staff from all departments.
The chapter has advocated on behalf of members’ concerns about new laws on vehicle tax and labor. It further engaged in advocacy through an overview of the new labor law for members, in partnership with DFDL, highlighting key differences between the previous and new laws.
Additional events of professional value have included:
• A disputation on natural resources and the Lao economy with a panel of experts from the World Bank, Panaust Asia and National University of Laos;
• A seminar on the ASEAN Economic Community ahead and its implications on business in Lao PDR;
• A seminar on grants and development assistance available to businesses in Lao PDR through the Business Assistance Facility;
• An overview of the new Lao Labor Law.
For upcoming events and other infomation regarding the Lao Chapter please visit www.amchamlao.com
• U.S. Embassy
• Ministry of Foreign Affairs
• Bank of Lao PDR
• Lao PDR Trade Portal
• National Assembly of Lao PDR (Lao laws)
• Lao PDR Investment Overwiew
• Draft Law on Labor Protections
• Business Perceptions Survey - Trade Liberalization in Laos
MEMBERS SINCE FOUNDING
• ANZ Bank (Lao) Limited
• Luang Prabang Film Festival
• LS Horizon
• VimpelCom Lao Co., Ltd.
• Dr. Jeff Galle
• Anthony Zola
Chair: Chris Manley, RMA Lao
Vice-Chair: Hetal Patel, EMC
Lao Chapter Coordinator: Khun Orn