AMCHAM Myanmar is organizing a Financial Services Trade Mission to Myanmar for financial services firm to have a better understanding of the market and opportunities available.
Date: July 24-26
Venue: Yangon, Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar
Cost: Cost for mission is USD 1,500 per person to cover meeting fees and transportation in Nay Pyi Taw. Fee does not include air fares, accommodations, visa fees, etc., AMCHAM is now accepting expression of interests! Contact Judy Benn at email@example.com.
Draft agenda is as follows:
Monday, July 24 - Yangon
Evening Arrival - no events
Tuesday, July 25 - Yangon (Chatrium Hotel)
* Country Team Briefing by Ambassador Scot Marciel and senior embassy staff
- Dr. Sean Turnell, Economic Advisor to State Counselor Aung San Suu Kyi and author of 'Fiery Dragons: Banks, Moneylenders and Microfinance in Burma'.
- U Aung Naing Oo, Secretary of Myanmar Investment Commission (MIC) and Director General of Directorate of Investment and Company Administration (DICA)
- Dr. Sandar Oo, Director General of Myanmar Insurance
- Local and foreign banks - learn through their experience and advice
* Reception at the residence of Ambassador Scot Marciel
Wednesday, July 26 - Nay Pyi Taw (half day)
- Minister of Finance & Planning. H.E. U Kyaw Win
- Governor of Central Bank U Kyaw Kyaw Maung
- Financial Regulatory Department (FRD)
* Parliamentarians responsible for financial sector oversight and reform
**Limit of 15 spaces**
Yangon Accommodation: Special rates available at Chatrium Royal Lake Yangon. USD 120 per night for a Deluxe room. Contact Khine Wint Phyu (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Nay Pyi Taw Accommodation: Details coming soon.
Myanmar Visa: Please click here.