The American Chamber of Commerce in Thailand
The ICT Committee address issues of infrastructure, legislation, intellectual property rights, business climate and human resources related to information technology and telecommunications in Thailand. IPC works to keep Chamber members informed about IT and Telecom-related issues and the developing technologies that affect the business community.
The ICT Committee had another busy year highlighted by the following:
- Programming:This year’s meetings featured a wide range of topics, including:
- Thailand's surprising $500 million tech company—Jiust Samart Telecom shared insights as to which areas of technology the company sees as having strong potential for future investment.
- Bridging Public & Private Clouds— Riverbed Technology explained how to create private networks and customized applications.
- Cloud Computing—Salesforce.com, the enterprise cloud computing company, described the companies many products and services.
- Mapping/GPS Technology —ESRI, a total solution in Geographic Information System (GIS) company, demonstrated the latest GIS solutions.
- Wipo's Origins and Globalization Story—A presentation about Wipro, the largest Business and IT Services provider in the world
- TAB Magazine Issue: Arranging for IT sector articles for upcoming TAB magazine issue which is focused on technology.
- Thai Telecoms Advocacy: Development, in cooperation with JFCCT ICT group, of AMCHAM positions on 3G/4G.
Telecom Regulatory Update
ICT Workforce Readiness for ASEAN 2015
IT Competitiveness Index 2009
Keynote Speech of Deputy Minister of Commerce
John Formichella, Blumenthal Richter & Sumet
Suwit Pruckwattananon, Qualcomm
Waleeporn Sayasit, T.C.C. Technology
Email: ICT Committee
Committee Coordinator: Khun Eaux