The ICT Committee address issues of infrastructure, legislation, intellectual property rights, business climate and human resources related to information technology and telecommunications in Thailand. IPC works to keep Chamber members informed about IT and Telecom-related issues and the developing technologies that affect the business community.
The ICT committee hosted or co-hosted programs across a wide range of topics including:
• IT Insights – a joint AMCHAM/AustCham/British Chamber of Commerce in Thailand (BCCT) event covering big data and dark data, the future state of data centers, and implications for government and business in terms of planning and implementation, by experts from Seagate Technology. Other topics covered were IT storage trends, impacts for IT decision makers, cloud computing, and big data analytics’ impact on storage systems.
• The Future of Telecommunications in Thailand – current telecom industry concerns, future plans, and expected timing for spectrum reallocation expanding telecommunications and internet services to rural Thailand.
• An overview of Trends in Security Technology & Cyber Crime with members of the Overseas Security Advisory Council (OSAC) and Security and ICT committees.
• Is your data safe in the cloud? – a discussion about the legal and technical aspects of cloud storage and data privacy, including privacy laws that apply to protect data from service providers and third parties seeking access.
• A Legal Framework for Proactive Cyber-Security.
• Free and Open-Source Software – a presentation on the benefits, risks and challenges of free and open-source software in today’s corporate environment.
• A joint AMCHAM/BCCT event involving a site visit to Seagate Technology in Korat, Thailand, one of the world’s most advanced IT manufacturing facilities. Topics covered during the visit were cloud computing, predictive analytics, big data, IT datacenters, IT strategy, automation and next-gen manufacturing.
John Formichella, Blumenthal Richter & Sumet
John Fotiadis, Atherton Legal
Andrew McBean, Grant Thornton
Madan Mohan Misra, Seagate Technology
Desarack Teso, Microsoft
Committee Coordinator: Khun Tookta